Friday, August 27, 2010

Summer lovin', had me a blast...

I pretty much only write on here when I get some kind of topic in my head that gives me that tingly blog-worthy feeling inside. This has made me an inconsistant blogger. Which makes me feel like a loser.

Come on Kristina, pull yourself together. You can't commit to anything.

There's so many things I could write about, but it's all just random "Hey look what I did!" stuff without much of a point or moral to the story.

But I like to write, so I'm just gonna do a mish-mash of what's up with me lately. It'll be like that first essay every teacher assigns you at the beginning of each school year:


WHAT I DID THIS SUMMER

by Kristina Thronson

period 3*


Summer in Seattle is like double-chocolate-marshmallow-coconut ice cream with magical whipped cream that grants wishes, glow-in-the-dark sprinkles, and banana flavored cherries on a waffle cone your grandmother made from scratch.
It is everything awesome rolled up into one thing, but you have to eat it and enjoy it fast because around mid-September that shit is gonna be a big melty gooey mud-puddle of lost opportunities and "what might've been". And your grandmother will be dead and her beloved secret waffle cone recipe just dust in the wind.
So you have to get your ass out and appreciate what all that cold, car-accident-causing rain has been creating throughout the rest of the year: an emerald wonderland of outdoor fun! Swimming, hiking, boating, biking, camping, drinking, BBQ-ing, sandals, shorts, and tank tops.
I may not always seize the day year-round, but when summer comes back each year, this lifelong Pacific Northwesterner has learned to seize the season!
This year I kicked off my sunny days with some music and travelling...

First the Sasquatch festival at the Gorge....

Camping with the family...

The Oregon Country Fair...
The impromptu week-long road trip to Medford and back, which I don't yet have photographic evidence of...

After that super-exciting money-sucking adventure, I spent the next few weeks appreciating the city...

There was the zombie walk, where I helped Seattle beat England for the world record of most zombies in one place (4200+ muh'fuckah!)
Dressing up fancy with my girls for no reason....
Weddings...

Besides that, I've been going for walks all around the city, going swimming (I even went off the highdive at Greenlake, my first time going off a diving board!!), singing, dancing, and playing games with the family, staying up late drinking with friends, that kind of thing. Still, there's never a dull moment in MY summer. Just over the last 2 weeks I've...

Gotten this weird new birth control implant in my arm called Implanon! It's this little alien white stick they shove in your arm with a giant hollow needle and it keeps you from reproducing for 3 years!! YIPPEEEEEE!!
Got a tattoo!!
Also, I paid to take a beginner's sailing course!! So nice to finally take a step toward actually DOING something you've been talking about for years...
And the other day I climbed a mountain!
To the top!
Naked!
I'm not gonna post the pic's of that, but use your imagination. It was a blast.
So those are the adventures I've been throwing myself into this summer. Hopefully I can squeeze another couple in before I'm forced to buy new windshield wiper blades....



*I'm not in school, but I HAVE had 3 periods this summer! 10 points for regularity!

No comments:

Post a Comment